Our client manages an International IT delivery center, responsible for further developing and supporting the trading systems, which used to manage the energy portfolio, especially on Freight, LNG and Biomass businesses.
The service shall be carried out within the International delivery center team responsible for a number of different components such as:
- Financial and physical deals capture
- Scheduling of physical commodity deliveries
- Market data acquisition and controls
- Financial and Risk reporting
- Back-office controls and quality checks
- Invoicing and interfacing with accounting systems
- Contract management on Veson IMOS Platform (Maritime Freight, docker, incoterm, boat renting and management, etc)
- Interaction between trader, operators and borkers
Team is bi-located in Brussels ( IT) and London (Business) , So the candidate can be either located in London or in Brussels.
Regular travels expected (to London or to Brussels depending where the person will work physically)
The main activities are:
- Working in a self-organizing team that covers analysis, development, testing, releasing and support
- Challenging and refining business requirements & opportunities
- Implement all aspects of an application design – Translate application use cases into functional applications, design, coding, security, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development environment configuration, delivering and testing.
- Deliver services to users with the highest level of satisfaction.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code, as per high standard of software quality, design and testing principles of the team while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Provide workload estimations
- Support continuous improvement of the services and applications. Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Write and update technical documentations in English and make them available to the team. Provide training to other team members.
- Work in close collaboration business stakeholders/users and business analysts, architects, other IT development teams
- Provide effective and timely communication to all relevant teams
Owner of a Bachelor or Master in Engineering with min 5 years of professional experience.
Fluent in French AND English, Dutch is a plus
Confirmed Experience in front-to-back trading processes and systems – Multi-commodity : Orchestrade, Allegro, Meteor, OpenLink, Aspects, Aligne or equivalent Shipping: IMOS, Shipnet or equivalent
Good knowledge of physical commodities trading: (biomass, natural gas, LNG, etc.) including logistic aspects (shipping overseas, inland transportation, storages) and financial derivatives (future, forwards, swaps, options, etc.)
Good knowledge of key indicators such as PnL, MtM, … to assist business in reconciling economical and accounting PnL
Past experience in .Net Framework environment is a plus
Understanding of REST Services
Good understanding of complex information systems, business processes, and software development
Proactive, ability to take initiatives in its own area of responsibilities, solution oriented and feedback oriented
The consultant(s) put forward for this assignment must have sound experience in the activities described above with following key skills:
- excellent analytical skills and synthesis spirit
- good listening and communication skills
- proactive and taking initiative
- leading topics by himself until its full achievement
- real team player and aware of cross-cultural working
- autonomous behaviour
- fluent in English and in Dutch or French
- strongly interested in detailed understanding of front-to-back processes
- familiar with the Agile methodology and experienced in SCRUM/KANBAN
- Openness for looking “under the hood”
For more information: Contact us now with your CV